You know how sometimes you’re trying to be a little healthier, but you just need chocolate to survive the day?
That’s me right now… and pretty much every other day of my life.
These little bites give a great chocolate-y boost with just a few ingredients you can feel good about. I cut them into tiny bites so I can have just a few to satisfy my cravings, but you can also give them a go as small no-bake cookies or even rolled up into little balls.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bites
YIELDS: 32-36 Bites
1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
1/3 cup natural peanut butter
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup chocolate chips
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
- Heat peanut butter, oil, maple syrup, honey, and vanilla over low heat. Stir until completely smooth, remove from heat.
- Combine oats, chocolate chips, and chia seeds in a separate bowl.
- Once slightly cooled, pour peanut butter mixture over oats and stir to completely combine.
- Pour mixture into greased 9×5 loaf pan, cover, and refrigerate until set. Cut bars into 32-36 small pieces (cut in half lengthwise, cut each half in quarters, split each quarter into 4 pieces), store in fridge.
These are easily customizable! Add in some dried fruit, chopped nuts, or try a different nut butter or sweetener to adapt to your tastes. These gems taste fudge-y and dessert-like, but you can easily reduce the sweetener and chocolate to make it a healthier snack.
* Always double check your brands if you have any intolerances, but these bites are naturally gluten-free and can be made dairy-free with the correct chocolate chips.